If your website is already packed full of reviews, blog posts, and juicy theatre gossip then you may want to just pop a ‘Book Tickets’ button on one of you existing pages, rather than linking people through to the product page first. Or perhaps you want to create a booking link for a product that isn’t imported on your website.
Well, the London Theatre Direct WordPress plugin has a solution for that. The plugin has a built-in ‘Shortcode’ builder for making buttons that you can put on any post, page or widget. Just select the product you’d like to link directly to and add the button text. Then copy the shortcode and paste in anywhere on your WordPress website.
If you want to find out more about shortcodes, you can read up on the WordPress documentation.
- Navigate to the Shortcode Builder by clicking Theatre Tickets in the left menu of Wordpress, then clicking Shortcode Builder
- Select the Product that you would like to create a button for
- Optionally, change the button text too if you like
- Click the 'Copy to Clipboard' button
- Open the post, page, review or widget that you would like to add the button to, and paste the shortcode in
- Now load the page and you should see your new button!